a non-profit NGO that aims to
– improve the quality of life of people with mental disabilities mainly by promoting their reintegration into the labour market. To achieve this mission, INTRAS has created in 1999 a social enterprise which is currently managed by people with mental health problems. The development of their services and programmes is based on the “Recovery approach”, thus empowering people suffering from mental health issues to live a self-determined and self-confident life through reflecting their potential wishes and providing them with vocational training and employability programmes accordingly. They develop activities and offer different services for our target groups such as psychosocial and labour rehabilitation programmes, vocational training, counseling and coaching, social employment, etc.
Activities will be run by the Intras:
– volunteers will be planning the activities and carrying out their voluntary service in the Centres sited in Valladolid.
– volunteers will provide assistance and support to the professional staff at the residential care centre, psychosocial rehabilitation centre, training centre, and labour rehabilitation centre, without ever replacing a paid member of staff or carrying out any task which requires professional knowledge or expertise.
-volunteers will collaborate in the development of training sessions and workshops for youth and adults with disabilities.
– volunteers may join the activities which are already running in the Centres listed below, depending on their interests and their expertise and may therefore choose between artistic, educational, sports, photography, video, cinema, cooking, agriculture, clothing, etc.
Project will take place between 1 June – 27 November 2017 in Valladolid (Spain ).
Participants will be selected regarding to below criterias regardless of their sex, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social statue, economi statue and education background:
– aged between 17-30 years
– who can reflect a great willingness to work with people with mental health issues, however, no special training or skills are required
– who is eager to collaborate and share their time with people with mental health issues
– who wants to and can work with people with disabilities
– who has efficient knowledge of English
About Project Conditions:
– accomodation and food expenses will be recovered %100 by the project budget.
– visa and residental permit expenses will be recovered %100 by the project budget.
– travel expenses will be recovered %100 bt the project budget.
– a montly volunteer allowance will be given to volunteer regarding to country.
Montly volunteer allowance for Valladolid is: 120 Euro
– a mentor, who will guide the volunteer, will be provided to volunteer during the project process by the hosting organisation.
– volunteer will work 5 days a week (approx. 30-35 hours a week), from Monday to Friday. Working hours may be flexible, agreed with the Volunteer and other people/institutions involved in the task.Volunteer will have 2 days off per week: Saturday and Sunday. also they will be able to have 2 days more in a month (if it is needed)
– local language courses will be provided to volunteer.
How to apply:
Candidate volunteer needs to fill the form. After the review of the responses short-listed candidate volunteers will be contacted via e-mail in order them to send their CV and Motivation Letter (in English). The ones who are selected by the hosting organisation will be contacted via e-mail or phone.
DEADLINE: 23 March 2017, 19.00